Greetings Yo,
..... I feel like I start to many posts off with "so" and "Hey guys so" so I'm gonna try things differently. Mix it up. My day today has been pretty uneventful, I spent an hour or two driving around for various reasons then got to be in a COMMERCIAL! I'm gonna be a star. Headed to Hollywood too fast for you. But really I got to paint my hair and scream and holler for this commercial for vandy Basketball. Since then I've had rush dinner, and created a robot, no biggie.
The last few hours have been spent studying physics. Spending a good portion of my time (except for right now) trying to learn this stuff so that I don't forget it all before the test tomorrow. Another piece of exciting news! Tomorrow starts fall break! After I ace that physics test I'm home free!! However, I do have some sad news for you folk. I won't be coming home to Birmingham for this gloriously extended weekend. Instead I'm going to be headed up to Chicago with my roommate for a party weekend drinking beer and smoking pot.... But really we will just be in Chicago having fun (doing mostly legal stuff [I, however, may need a drink for having to go so far north....]).
Regardless, I want you guys to know that I love you all and miss you dearly and can't wait to see you when I come home for Thanksgiving break.
Thinking back to this past week or so since I've last posted I'm trying to think of what God has really impressed upon my heart. Got it. As you guys may know, I have the privilege this semester of being a Rush Chair for my Fraternity BYX. Being in that kinda position puts a large portion of the responsibility for the growth of the fraternity. Its a weighty responsibility and last week I saw an event totally flop. But, in spite of that, I got the opportunity to see God restore the event and cause me to trust in Him. During the process I was just so tired, so worn out from trying to be so many places and trying to do so much. I just didn't want to do it. I gave up. I went and talked to God about it and He helped me realize how insignificant my troubles were and how much more I could be doing to glorify His name.
I'm far from perfect, God knows that, I know that, and despite my hardest struggles, you guys know it too. But when we can recognize them and God helps us to fix them and grows us through them. Last week I really had to depend on God. I had no choice because I was mentally and spiritually incapable of trying anymore. And it was great. Find something that you need to stop fighting over. Give it up to God. Love you guys!
---- The Running Man
No comments:
Post a Comment