Friday, December 7, 2012

The Upcoming Christmas

Hey ya'll, sorry its been a while, but I heard some stuff about Christmas that kinda got me thinking so here's a rant about it for a while. Before that, here's my update:


     So, we've had an end to the rush process, that was a blast haha. We capped everything off with Christmas semi-formal which was a blast in case you guys didn't get to see the pictures! I got some swing-dancing lessons from my date and that was lots of fun. Can't wait to show off this Christmas break haha! Anyways, I'm entering exams relatively low on stress which is great. I'm definitely not going to have perfect grades, but I've definitely been working hard this semester. Miss all of you!


     Onto Christmas! So there was this girl talking at Nav Nite this week about what Christmas had meant to her being raised an atheist and then what she looks forward to this Christmas as its her first Christmas as a Christian! Wow guys, let's take a look at what Christmas is: Getting presents, giving presents, having good food, taking long naps, not worrying about school, right? Wrong.


     I'm gonna be honest and say I haven't been super excited about Christmas the past two years and I couldn't figure out why. It just wasn't super exciting to me. I had had 17 years of Christmas's what's so special about the 17th or 18th? Well I can tell you, that when you hype it all up. You think about those things you really wanted, that one video game that now sits on your shelf and you never use. I just got tired of getting disappointed.


     But I think I've figured out why. I've spent alot of time focusing on what I'm getting people and what people are getting me. I've though about what I want to eat and where I want to sleep and whatnot for the longest time. What I've realized is that most of the time I've completely overlooked the most important thing. The thing that I claim to dedicate my life to most other days of the year. I don't even think about the fact that I'm celebrating the birth of my Savior. I'm looking forward this year to celebrating His death and how it brought me life. I'm celebrating and mourning, if I focus on his life I have to remember his death. But then I have to think about the awesome life that I get to have with Him when I die. For those of you that have read Murder in the Cathedral by Thomas Becket. Its the same idea as the priest's talk on Sunday morning. Its cyclical, but its such a great thing to meditate on.


     So this Christmas my challenge for you is to set aside some time to just meditate on those facts. The fact that on that day Jesus entered the world and then think about why He had to come down here. Think about how He didn't have to, but He did anyways. Love you all!



---- The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment