Oi. So its been a while. I've been out and about and getting used to being back in the Ham. (Birmingham for you chumps who aren't from the South. I don't think there are many of those people reading this... I hope not....) But I'm finally settled down, sort of. Lately I've been working with Andy Entrekien and Entrekien Outdoors. AKA Mowing and weedeating and edging and doing lawns for 6-9 hours a day. PAIN. I've only done two days, but like today I went from 10:30-5:00 went to Leo's did math, climbed for a sec, then helped set up the stuff for the Barn Opening tomorrow. I start tomorrow at 7:00 which means gotta be up at 6. Meh. Its gonna be a long day tomorrow cause we have the concert and then I have to take everything down afterwards. Oi.
On a lighter note, Taylor Hudson has started blogging.... and I have an instagram, follow me Michael_nakayama. Wow, the world must be ending this year. I've been super busy and super stressed, but I wanted to talk to you guys for a minute about the importance of a quiet time even in the midst of these stressful times. (If you are ever unlucky enough to have to go through the schedule I'm going through now.) But y'all since I've been back its been a struggle to get my quiet times in. Its been some form of demon just pursuing me with apathy towards everything that would further my relationship towards Christ.
But don't be too afraid, the moment I get into them, all that apathy goes away and I am fully focused on God, and it makes my day so much better. I need your prayers, but I wanted to point out that apathy is nothing more than a demon or some fleshly desire gnawing at you trying to keep you from knowing God more. I'm not saying being apathetic is a good thing, but to me its been a sign of how much I've grown. Every time you grow closer to God, the temptations are harder to resist, but God pulls you closer. The enemy sees just how close you are getting to God and tries harder and harder to pull you away. So the fact that its harder is better, but it also mean I have to try harder as well. I have to pursue God with all I've got. And I want you guys to do the same. I want to challenge you all to have a quiet time every day this summer. Starting tomorrow. Preferably in the morning so that you can meditate on His Word all day (Psalm 1:2). But do it as much as possible. Spend time in the Letters of Love your Father has written to YOU!
---- The Walking Man
No comments:
Post a Comment