Financially God has helped me raise/earn almost all of my support, I'm still a few bucks short, but at this point all I can do is trust that God will provide. Granted, that's what I should have been doing all along, but I feel that when God puts the opportunity for me to try, but also gives Himself the opportunity to shine, I almost half-butt it. I try, but I trust, but I try.... its a vicious circle that causes stress and worry. But at this point like I said, He has left me with no ability to try anymore, He's simply reminding me that I can't do this on my own. I can't support myself without Him, I can't be prepared without Him.
So that brings me to the topic that I wanted to talk about for a paragraph or two, depending on if I space myself. Anyways, PREPAREDNESS. How do you know when you are prepared to do something important? Or even something unimportant? Some things change your life, and moving into those decisions to take on positions that you know will effect your whole life. I.e. taking on the responsibility of a relationship, or a leadership position. Alot of the time we just don't feel ready. I feel like there is always someone out there who is quite clearly more qualified than I am to take on the world. To fight for what is right. and to lead people towards Christ. I mean after all, I'm an awful sinner, I struggle everyday, and I can't even remember to pray sometimes during the day. There is no way I am in any position to lead a group, a girl, (excuse me a woman), or another person.
False. God prepares us for every situation and gives us a solutions manual to everything we think we aren't prepared for.
2 Timothy 3:16 says
"For we know that all Scripture is given by inspiration from God, and is useful for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be made complete, fully prepared for every good work."
So, from this we can see that God gives us the ability to be "Fully prepared for every good work." EVERY good work. Note that it says every GOOD work as well, because God gives shows us the right way to go. The right way to lead, because we know that in all things we are to be pursuing Him and glorifying Him. So isn't that what we should be leading others to do? God tells us the right way to go because it always points back to Him. Its His word, and we are His creation. How can we truthfully run towards anyone but Him if we want to pursue what is right and what is true? How can we lead someone in the right direction, but not point them towards God? How can we lead if we are not following? Answer: We Can't. So there's the other half of the answer, how do you know if you are prepared? You know that you are prepared when you are following. When you are pursuing our almighty maker with a passion and a love for Him. You know that you will be leading people towards Him as well. Because whom you follow, those whom you lead follow. Be leaders guys.
Have a safe trip!! Praying for you and your team. :)
ReplyDelete