Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hey peeps, so I just wanted to check in with all you cats. Its been a while since I've been able to post due to computer issues as well as homework on homework on homework. I also wanted to let you guys know I miss you guys and love you all dearly.


That being said, how's everyone's year been going? I've been off to a busy start doing work and rush events as well as stuff with my Bible study. So many challenges in so little time its almost overwhelming. But be strong and courageous says the Lord. Today in Ethos (the church I am currently attending) Pastor Dave talked a good bit about the idea of suffering. How infrequently we call suffering upon ourselves, yet in Galatians 2:20 it says, "For I have been crucified in Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in Christ Jesus." Guys how powerful is that? We've been crucified with Christ.


But how many of you would actually show up to church next Sunday if it became illegal. If you knew you would lose everything, who would go? Who would want to willingly lose everything? But at the same time for those of you who would still read your Bible, why would you do it? Just to rebel? Do you actually do it when you have the free right to?


I'm not here to cast judgement upon any of you all. I just think its important to question ourselves and our motives from time to time. I can tell you there have definitely been times in my life when I would have skipped church. And this summer, I would have been violating no laws if they had come up telling me not to read my Bible.


Like I said food for thought. Gotta say I've really enjoyed being back, we've already had one date party, where I was dressed up as Danny from Grease haha. And we have a date party where we will be going to the State Fair this friday. So I'm pretty excited. Like I said I cannot wait to hear from you guys about life! I love you!

---- The Running Man

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michael! I needed to hear that today. I'm glad you seem to be enjoying sophomore year! I miss you a MEGA TON!!! We need to Skype sometime soon?!

    ReplyDelete