Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Well Shoot.

Its been about 10 days since I last posted. That's a long while. I was sitting studying and reading when a blog was suggested to me by a friend. Well.... There goes study time. It wasn't important anyways. I also want to update you on my life and what God has been teaching me lately. So let's get into it.


Alright. SO lifewise, I had two tests this morning. We had one in Digital Logic and one in CS201. WOW! Digital Logic felt like such a breeze while CS201 felt like I just lost a life or something. Can you say rough morning? Either way, they are over and tomorrow I have no classes, so, I can return to being non-productive for the night. Studying is just a fun excuse to not slack off am I right? Regardless, there's that and then there's rush. I was talking with my fellow rush chair Josh Jeans, and last week alone I accumulated roughly 26 hours of commitments to either BYX or Navs for Rush or Bible Study leader training. WOOF! Tack on 18 hours (14 + 2 labs) and 28 hours of hw a week, and you've got a whopping 72 hours spent on BYX, Navs, and School. Then there's the great sleep generous estimate of 7 hours a night. 49 total makes 121 hours out of the 168 in the week. 47/7 = roughly 7 hours a day for free time! But wait! Quiet times and meals! thats like 4-5 hours a day total! Now that's a WOOF. (Sorry I'm a math major had to do it.)


But really as daunting as that seems, I'm getting plenty of sleep and having so much fun doing Navs and Rush ( I ALSO GOT A PET FISH :D LOOK AT FACEBOOK!!!!). BYX and Navs have meant so much to me that it's just awesome being able to pour back into them. That also makes me think about what I'm doing this summer as the possibilities come from the three realms of school, byx and, navs, but another day. So its transition time. From the My Life to the His Life. Something really awesome that I saw this week.


Well there's just so much that I just can't share it all with you guys in this post and as much as I claim I will, I probably will never get back to doing the rest of those things! But right now we can focus on the cool stuff that God taught me this week. On Sunday, Matt (my roommate) and I decided to start listening to the John Piper series on Romans. Something I recommend to all of you so far. I'm about to go and listen to the second one and I'm so excited. But, guys, John Piper spent 30 whole minutes going into the first verse alone of Romans 1. I sometimes spend an hour going through a CHAPTER! That's so crazy! It says:


"Paul, a bondservant of Christ, called as an apostle, set apart for the Gospel of God."
Romans 1:1


Thirty minutes on THAT! And it wasn't just gibberish it was so awesome and powerful. He cross referenced passage after passage and revealed a deep meaning in the passage using Scripture. WOW! Two verses he referenced were 1 Corinthians 7:23 and Galatians 1:10. These were so cool because they referred to how Paul was a bondservant and what that meant. And it meant that he was owned, bought, and ruled by Christ. We are ruled by Christ. Something else we've been learning this week in our Jesus Study with Navs is how alot of us don't see the man side of Jesus that is portrayed in Luke. We mostly think of Jesus as a deity. I constantly feel like I don't think enough of Jesus as a deity and more of as a man. I see that He had actions and miracles that He performed as a man through God, not as God. But what we see is that He is both. He rules us and He owns us because He bought us. So I kinda took the letters IOBR (I am Owned Bought and Ruled) and turned them into IRBO. Because I was Ransomed. I was held up and Bought by Jesus. He paid for me and gave His life for me and so, I am Owned by His. I devote my life to Him. I give Him my all and He loves me like no other. And that's what I tack on at the end of that. He Loves me. That's why He did this. That's why I am who I am and why I stand where I stand. Take a minute each day and think about that. That He RBOLed you. I love you guys and I can't wait to see you guys again!



---- The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment