Well so I went to this benefit concert for the tornado victims last night. I spent 30 bucks to help those people and got to see third day, tenth avenue north, trevor morgan, rush of fools, and laura story. Along with speakers like David Nasser and Rick and Bubba. pretty awesome and I got this really cool picture while Third Day was playing. I like it haha. But I did get to meet rush of fools and laura story. AND LAURA STORY OFFERED TO BUY ME A PANCAKE :)) haha.
So today was my last day of high school. What can I say? How can I make it worthwhile? This world around me, its shifting oh so fast. Ha you want some advice? Do I need to tell you what the secret is to getting through high school? Did I use some trick? I mean shoot, I don't care that much about high school to be honest with you. People all around are crying and hugging and writing in each other's year books, but I, I just feel relatively unattached to most of these people. It all stopped after my sophomore year. I almost had to leave and go to Oak Mountain (which quite honestly would have sucked) then I came back and seeing these people was just kinda boring now. People change throughout high school. Do they change in college? Of course, but which way, only time can tell.
I'm want to say I will only become more mature. That's the only thing that will change about me. But I'm going into college and all kinds of things will happen I can't control. But my goal, no my standard, my... expectations for myself. Many people say I don't want to lose my faith and my firm religious roots, yes I agree that is important, but what I want for myself and for all of you going into college isn't that you will hold fast, but that you will continually grow stronger and stronger in the Lord and you will grow closer to Him. I don't want you to stay the same, cause contentness leads to boredom and boredom leads to sin. Don't be bored, stand fast in the Lord, and always, ALWAYS grow closer and closer to Him. :)
---- The Walking Man

No comments:
Post a Comment