Monday, May 2, 2011

Day Long Time

No more days.. haha its too hard to keep up with. I hit 79 non-consecutive days and then I blew it. Its been a while since I've posted because I haven't had much to say. Recently though, I've seen some stuff that has blown my mind. The tornadoes that have come through here have been awesome. No I don't mean the American wow dude thats awesome kind of awesome. I mean the "this is the raw power of God" awesome. God is all-powerful. He can create all kinds of wonderful beauty and He can destroy it in an instant. The definition of sublime is something that is powerful and majestic. This is the power of God. It is the fear we should hold for Him. When you see the devastation caused by the tornado there is also the beautiful work and outpouring of love that comes from the rest of it.

Many people think beauty is found in the things of man. The creation of symmetry or organization creates a sense of peace that overwhelms the crazy human mind and gives him or her a peace of mind that is simply beautiful. But to do this they alter their environment. God created everything and in the book of Genesis and it says several times that God saw what He had made, and it was good. But people try and alter it and cover it and rearrange it so that it isn't so confusing to them. If you see a series of wooded hills and someone tells you its more beautiful than the greatest piece of architecture or the most beautiful painting. You start looking for order or a pattern or something that distinguishes it to make it beautiful. The fact that you can't find that in the hills starts to drive you crazy so you rearrange it, set criteria for whats beautiful and tell them they are wrong.

The devastation caused by the tornadoes is awesome. It is sublime power created by God Himself. They are beautiful, not because they present the disorder that God creates, but because it shows the wonderful unison and organization that God put into people to work together for the glory of God. God created order along with disorder, the fibbonaci sequence? its the spiral pattern you see on shells. But its a mathematical formula too. Its a series of numbers that just beautiful. Its amazing. And if our God is with us, then what can rise against? Our God is so big He's so Big He's so BIG! ha later
---- The Walking Man

No comments:

Post a Comment