Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Day of Encouragement

Hey guys so these posts look like they will be coming in about once a week. Maybe a little more frequently depending on what happens, but you know, the college life. Its complicated haha. Anyways, I had an encouraging experience. Part of my goal to fulfill that challenge I proposed about RUF leaders was to impact people. I won’t say I exactly did anything special, cause God is always the one working, but this was really cool.

Yesterday I went to lunch with this guy on our floor who will remain nameless for the time being. All you need to know is he is atheist/agnostic and hasn’t been mentioned by me before this post. We had lunch and he asked me questions regarding the PCA church of America. And we discussed issues like what Christians believe will happen to other sects of Christianity that don’t believe the exact same thing.

One of the religion aspects that I honestly had no idea how to respond to was the idea of the PCA church of America. The liberal church that a. accepts homosexuality b. has female pastors and c. has a “New standard revised edition” of the bible. I don’t know what the fate of people like this is, but some of the guys on my hall are members of churches like that and are all for it. Its just something that I think isn’t quite the right answer to many of the social issues going on. For example, homosexuality is a twisting of the relationship between Jesus and Man. The bride and the groom. Not the groom and the groom, but regardless, it’s a clear perversion of what was not only a gift, but a responsibility.

Off that tangent, my friend and I started talking and he asked me a simple question, “Do you look down on those people that go out every weekend and get drunk?” I responded as best as I knew how. “No, its not my place to judge them and condemn them, only to tell them its wrong and show them the love of God.” This sparked a discussion that turned into this guy asking me how to become a Christian. I was so excited, I told him, unfortunately in a rather complicated manner because I’m just that kinda guy, but he said he wanted to go to church with us this sunday.

Guys I’m not sure what you may be thinking now, but I was so pumped about this! This guy is coming to church, one that I’ve found that’s very similar to briarwood, and he lives on my floor. The opportunities are just popping up and I just pray everyday that he comes to know the Lord. Anyways, thanks for listening to the rambling. I’ll talk to you soon! Hasta Luego.

2 comments:

  1. just read your post and i'll be praying for this guy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so awesome! I'm with caroline- will be praying! :)

    ReplyDelete