Today’s the day of the week when I wake up early. I get a nice shower and walk out to absolutely no one because everyone is sleeping in until I get back from church haha. Its good and bad at the same time. I decided to make some velveeta cheese mac and cheese. Its pretty good, but not as good as the box quality. This one was in a cup, because we get to eat from the munchie marts. Its good stuff, its like you get three items from the gas station of higher quality, some organic stuff and fruit and pastries or chips and coke and frozen dinners. I’m definitely a fan. Today at church, though, the pastor talked about the presence of God. How God uses every situation to benefit his kingdom as well as that God protects those that are with Him. God protected David against goliath, again Saul, and against various enemies and temptations that would have prevented David from being the king of Israel like he was supposed to be.
Isn’t it kinda cool to think that we are protected no matter where we go? We are always being sent where God wants us to go, but we are making our own decisions on how to get there. Do we follow God’s desires for us throughout all the choices we make? Not most of the time. We are failures in many aspects of our lives and don’t always recognize it. But when we do see it, that’s when we fulfill God’s desires for us and we effectively turn them around. Because when we truly see them, we learn that they are wrong and we change our ways.
With regards to 9/11. Let’s all salute a veteran today. Respect someone who has saved a life and know that if it weren’t for them, many people would have died. Respect those of other ethnicities as well. I realize that the people who hijacked the planes were of middle eastern descent, but that is no grounds for blatant hatred towards there race. Racial profiling, stereotyping, all of this is perfectly logical. It simply reflects tendencies in human behavior. But as Christians we are called to love them nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment