Thursday, February 2, 2012

Well… Welcome to College

Well guys, its official, I’m in college. I’m pulling my first all-nighter. I’m really proud I was able to wait this long to do it. I’m also disappointed that I got so far behind that I have to do it. Falling behind is definitely hard to catch up with in college. Relative to high school anyways, and so I’m gonna keep this brief so I can get back to studying. We can’t always put off our studies and obligations in life. Sooner or later slacking off catches up to you and you pay for it. Some pay almost immediately, others, further down the road.

The same can be said for your spiritual walk with God. If you slack off and say hey, I’ll catch up sometime soon, you begin to realize that you can’t. You get confronted by people who think (and probably do) they know better than you when it comes to your God. This in turn causes you to either delve further into the Word, or quickly abandon the “rock” to which you were holding. Its as if the river has a rock in it right before the waterfall. You grab it, but never get out, never actively move towards getting to safety, you just hold onto it cause you know it can help you when you need it to. But you get caught off guard by some random wave or current and bam. You’re gone and your faith has left with you. And that’s somewhere I never want to see any of you. I want each and every one of you to be actively pursuing God in every aspect of your life. Thanks! Love ya’ll!

 

----The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment