Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tim Ree and Best Wok

So Tim Lee (Ree in Chinese) and I are chilling tonight. I found out I did absolutely horrible on my math test this morning, and so I’m going to drop the class most likely and take it again next semester. So as a result, I decided I don’t need to worry about my math homework due on thursday until I talk with my teacher about whether or not I’m dropping the class. Thus, Timmy and I are hanging out tonight and playing Call of Duty while eating some delivery Best Wok (Chinese FOOD). By the way, for those of you that care, Peace Tea iS AMAZING with Chinese food.

On a slightly different note… I’M DONE PLEDGING! I’m now an official brother of Beta Upsilon Chi! BYX! BUCS! Brothers Under Christ, etc. etc. These are the coolest group of guys I know, among whom Timmy here is one of…. (Insert Asian eyed emoticon smile.) Brothers rock! Haha. I love it, but in Math… well… I’ve fallen too far behind to catch back up in there.

However, I’ve decided that I will most likely be coming home for Easter! Keep it a secret from my mom though, I don’t want her to know. And since I’m coming home that weekend… You know what that means? Hudson, Leo, Andrew, rest of you who read this and ignore what I say…. YOU MUST COME VISIT ME! I get kinda lonely of all you guys way up here. But its no further than Auburn! And I have free food for you! And a cool city…..

Anyways, so while we’re on the topic, E-training (Evangelism training) ended tonight. I don’t know if any of you guys get the opportunity to participate in anything like it down there in Alabama, but if you EVER get the opportunity, TAKE IT! Its probably one of the most spiritually growing things you can do, and it will prepare you for continuing in your walk with God.

On that topic of growth I have something for you gentlemen out there. There are Godly men in the Bible, whom we are called to emulate. Men that exemplify qualities that strive to lead us to God. We can see men like Stephen in the New Testament who exemplifies being bold in your faith, David for being meek in his control of his power, and various others who carry qualities that we should have as men of God. But why don’t we pursue them as actively? “They are men of God! How could we possibly be anything like them?”

The answer is that they were men just like we are. They messed up and turned away from God, but they came back. They pursued God. They made the choice that defined them as choosing to follow God and thus, they chose to become Men of God. We need to make that choice everyday.

---- The Running Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment