So guys I regret to inform you that I will not be coming home for Easter weekend. I really wanted to, but I didn’t get to work this past saturday and I’m not working this upcoming saturday because of formal. whoop whoop. But because I can’t work those two saturdays, my boss really wants me to work easter saturday. And since we don’t have off school its not a legitimate break and I don’t really have an excuse to go home. Besides, I need the money. Anyways, I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for leading you guys on in the wrong direction. I still love you and I’ll see you after I get out of school. Besides, its only like an extra three weeks. That’s like nothing in school time.
That being said, I also wanted to apologize for not posting lately. I’ve gotten back on top of school work and my grades are slowly turning around. They may not be too great, but if they’re too bad, I can always retake some classes.
So I want to know about what God’s been doing in your lives! Text me, call me! You get mad at me for not coming home, but at least I keep you informed on what’s going on! You guys haven’t said a word to me! Except Kathleen and Hudson. Hudson who came up and actually VISITED me. We had a sickkkk time at green rave. It was so cool he can attest to that.
So what’s God been teaching me lately? Hmm…. Since Spring Break, I’ve had countless meals with brothers and friends and just gotten to know so much about people. Its crazy how I’ve known some of these people since January and I feel like I’ve been in school with them since I was in elementary school. God’s really been showing me how great it is to have strong Christian friends. But He has also been pushing on my heart to also assure that I’m not secluded in a Christian society, but constantly branching out and being more outgoing that I have in the past. I need to make more friends that I can witness to. People that I can show love to.
Additionally, God’s just been putting on my heart the desire for a disciple. A lot of what I’ve been learning in Navs is the constant reciprocation and reproduction of disciples from mentorship. I never really had a direct mentor in high school, but this semester I’ve seen what its like to really be directed and led and its great. God has just been giving me a desire to lead someone in that way this summer. This can be like leading a new Christian, an old Christian, or a non Christian in some way that grows him or her closer to God. That’s why I cannot wait for pledge next year when I can get my own little. Being a big and doing things like rush chair and being an officer in BYX are just things that right now make me so excited for next year. Even if my schedule will be something like Digital Logic with lab, Physics B with lab, Linear Algebra or Diff. Equations, Computer Science 201, and something else. 17 hours! Get pumped for next year you guys! Maybe God will give me someone to directly mentor this summer.
Anyways, I just want to encourage you guys to continue in your quiet times, remember to pray every minute that your feet are moving, and especially when they aren’t, and know that God loves you and that I love you too! Back to homework…
----The Running Man
No comments:
Post a Comment