Monday, July 23, 2012

A Brand New Day

Well soon starts a brand new day. A whole new set of hours that we can screw ourselves up with. I’m so excited. I get to sin again. And then attempt to earn my forgiveness and feel like such a wicked person. Should be a great day.

Unless…. I remind myself of the Gospel. Of my daily need for it. And how often have I neglected having serious time with God? To be quite honest its been since early June. Over a month since I’ve really put effort into my quiet times. Why?

I can’t answer that. I can’t comprehend why I wouldn’t want to remind myself that I’m imperfect and why I wouldn’t want to continually humble myself before the almighty God. Its so confusing. Why wouldn’t I want to do those things?

It’s cause I’m human. I mess up. And I’m so selfishly inclined it quite honestly sickens me. The idea of how perverse we really are. How abominable we are. of how filthy we are and lost we are in our own sin is something that keeps reminding me that I’m in need of a Savior. But it at the same time keeps me from running towards Him with all I’ve got. I need to be striving for Him and so do you. Love you guys, run well.

----The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment