Thursday, July 12, 2012

Howdy Y’all

Hey thur. I’m gonna change my background… Probably tonight, but I wanted to also share with you guys some vital information!. THE CHADWICKS ARE BACK IN TOWN….. till saturday. But that’s ok cause we still get to see them. Anyways that and I have a new movie out. Some Birmingham Adventures. Check this out.

So let’s keep talking. What’s going on with life? Work. Play. Chatter. You know the deal. Yesterday we took a trip out to lake providence and did some fishing (Me, Leo, and Smeds). We caught a ton of massive Brim, but no bass. We did see a massive one come up and start attacking one the of the Brim that Leo had caught, but it seemed too great a task for the bass to actually sink in. It was frustrating.

That’s what I want to share with you guys right now. It’s the core of fishing and the key to life. Patience and Persistence. Now persistence invokes a sense of determination to get the job done. A determination to catch a fish or make that trick. But where we need persistence the most is in our daily walks with God. Sometimes, the problems that we encounter are just our own selves not wanting to want to overcome them.

For example, You walk up to a wall. You climb over it. You come to a bigger wall and you are daunted by the task of climbing over it and getting past the last wall has made you weary. Now you just don’t want to put the effort in to get over the wall, even though you want to be past it.

My boy Leo and I like to do a lot of crazy things, rock climbing, fishing, mountain biking, slacklining, and tons of other things. But the one thing that we need when doing our crazy stuff is the persistence necessary to get up and try again and attack that wall. When Leo gets it and I feel my strength fading, I decide that its time to give up and I tell that to Leo. Everytime I say that his response is always, “Well not with that attitude you won’t”. Then I decide to push through the pain and I get it. At my weakest point all it took was some encouragement and some self belief and PERSISTENCE to get it.

That’s what we need in our spiritual walks. We need that persistence. But if you notice how I was able to get it. I had someone there to encourage me and push me. That’s the same in our walks. For me personally if I ever want to work out I have to have a buddy with me or I just won’t try and I’ll waste my time. Likewise, we need to surround ourselves with Christian friends that can guide us and encourage us (BUT NOT DROWN US). We need to be focused on growth but remember that we don’t isolate ourselves.That’s all I’ve got for today! Love you guys!

----The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment