Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 69: Carpe Diem

So for those of you who don't know. I'm just gonna get right out with it. I have a DEATHLY fear of spiders. Someone even mentioning spiders just gives me the goosebumps. This post is killing me. But I have to say it ha. If I walk through a spider web, Lord forbid, I do the stop-drop-and-roll routine to make sure I crush any spider that has any remote attachment to my body. It scares the poop outta me. I had a nightmare about a spider last night. Remind me to tell you about it when we have the time. I hate spiders. I want them ALLL DEAD!

Anyways we talked about carpe diem poems today. Interesting stuff ha most of them came from the late 17th and early 18th century writings. Seize the day or "Pluck the day" I believe is the literal translation. Take advantage of the time you have to spend with your loved ones. You never know who might be gone when you wake up in the morning. One kid made the comment that he skipped doing homework this past weekend because it was sunny. He was all you know what? If I die tomorrow I won't get to have enjoyed this wonderful weather. So I skipped out on homework. You want to take adavantage of the ability to spend times with your friends and family. I'm not saying don't worry about school, but have priorities and know what some things will leave you. You can't help it.

I guess you could relate that to my fear of spiders. Some people, myself included, fear sharing Christ with people. Some people fear that rejection so much that they just can't they cant speak publicly or they don't know what to say. Well Carpe Diem to you! they may not be here the next day so take advantage of any and every opportunity to share the Lord with those who are lost. So Carpe Diem! Hasta Luego!
---- The Walking Man

No comments:

Post a Comment