Sunday, July 31, 2011

Refreshment


Hey so whats up? I got no questions so I got something for you. Some vanilla coke. Remember when that stuff was everywhere? We found it when we were at camp and it was totally awesome. Tastes almost better than I remembered it to be. So Coca-Cola, if you are reading this, I'll sell you this picture for a campaign to revive vanilla coke. All you have to give me is five dollars for every time is shows up on a television commercial or on a poster somewhere. This is trademark property we are dealing with you know. This was hard to engineer.

Anyways I'm not here to speak to coke. I'm here to tell you guys about refreshing yourselves. Despite Coke's maliciously false advertisement at refreshment coke actually dehydrates you and puts you in the need for water so I guess its all about what you define as refreshing. But what I want you to think about is eternal refreshment. How much more refreshing would the waters of eternal life be? How much greater could it be to only have to drink once, and never be thirsty again? Just think about how awful it is to require such mediocre garbage like water and coke and other drinks that enter us, leave us, and then we come back for more. Would it not be better if we only had to drink once? Guys, the spiritual well of life is from Jesus as most of you reading this may know, but what you may not realize is that after the first drink, after we become Christians, we don't HAVE to drink again or witness or anything. Instead we need to WANT to drink and drink and drink and share. We need to want to immerse ourselves in the Word and in what God has given to us, so that we may share it with others and grow in Him. 

So drink everyday, out of want, not obligation. It makes things so much easier.

---- The Walking Man

No comments:

Post a Comment