Friday, August 12, 2011

Completion

Alright guys, sorry I don’t have a picture today. I have spent most of the day cleaning up my room, sorting through what I will and won’t take to college, and installing a new fan into my room for a my brother… who will inhabit my room after I leave. Where will I stay? Well I can’t stay where Crawford used to sleep, cause it smells. I can’t stay where Crawford will be rooming, because it will smell. I can’t stay in my sisters room, cause they will be no room. I can’t stay in the basement, because its been cluttered with the stuff Ahmai moved out of her room. SOOOO where does that leave? The den. I’ve decided when I come home, I will be sleeping on the couch. Yippee. ha.

So I’ve pretty much finished the fan. I would finish it, but its 1:02 and if I were to cut off the power, so that I could wire it all up, then I wouldn’t be able to see. And that would just be annoying…. So I will wait until Saturday rolls around… maybe. Cause tomorrow. I wake up and I have work! From 11-3, then immediately, I leave with Hudson and Doug to go to muscle shoals for a SKILLET and ASHES REMAIN concert. You guys gotta check out Ashes Remain if you haven’t heard of them. They are legit.

READ NOW. Sorry, that usually grabs the attention, I know I have a problem reading long blog posts, so I try and grab people’s attention.

 

So what do I do once I’ve completed the fan? I sit there and I use it. See I know this is kind of a elementary example, but when we make something, we use it, don’t we? So if we made a resolution, set a goal, or, I dunno, dedicated our lives to Christ, we generally make use of our commitment as motivation towards that goal. But why don’t we? Why do we fail our resolutions, fall short of our goals, and turn away from Christ? Because we get distracted. Installing this fan was a goal, and distractions like facebook and skype kept keeping me from finishing this earlier.

What I want to know is, if we know we are going to get distracted, why don’t we cut it off beforehand all the time? Like if I know facebook, skype, and texting are all gonna distract me, why don’t I just shut my laptop, and leave my phone downstairs? Because I’m not dedicated to the task at hand. There’s that sinful nature in me that keeps me from going all for my goals and keeps me from being fully dedicated to Christ. Guys I’ve got 8 days left, and I hope that you would pray for me to be fully dedicated this year as I head on to college to being a complete follower of Christ in every aspect of my life. And my prayer for you is that you would be likeminded in this situation. Thanks guys!

----Walking Man

No comments:

Post a Comment