Monday, August 15, 2011

Light The Fire


So alot of times we get caught up in the everyday mundane high school life. You start school. Again. And Again. And Again. When does it ever end? You get tired of it and likewise you get tired of seeing things with the same zeal and subliminal awe each time. So your excitement dwindles and you slowly lose interest in what previously captured your attention and you now move your interests into other areas of life. You leave what you had behind, and you take on something new, because, face it, you're american and you can't focus on anything for more than 50 minutes at a time. 

Guys, just like with every other scenario I've told you about in the past bjillion posts, I have this problem too. I lack the ability to stay enraptured by anything that is absolutely amazing for an extended period of time. That's why we need to remember to light our fire everyday. The Skillet concert in Muscle Shoals was absolutely amazing! With fireworks and smoke and other forms of pyrotechnic fun, you can simply ask Hudson White or Doug Wright to attest to the sheer intensity of this concert. We showed up around 5:45 in the afternoon (doors open at 6) and roughly 300 people were already there. Pretty good, but then again, the opening bands weren't all that great, so much wasn't expected.

However, once Skillet got on, everyone went crazy. They had the SICKEST opening ever which, if i can add on at the end here I will. (If I do, you should skip like 30 seconds into the video to see the start). Their intro got me just absolutely pumped for what was to come, and I think my heart is still racing at like a million beats per second after all the explosions and whatnot. Getting to see them play live was probably the coolest thing I've gotten to do in quite a while. 

Wow would you look at that, I totally veered off the topic of veering off topic. Its because I wasn't really all that into what I started off talking about. But NOW I'm dedicated to telling you all about this. Just like that previous post where I shared with you all about being dedicated to something. Unless you give it you're all you won't do very well. Did you like that post? Back on topic.

We all lose focus on what's important in our lives alot of the time, but what I want to encourage you guys to do is find something that ignites that fire everyday. Whether its a panoramic poster of the Grand Canyon or Mount Everest or just a little sticky note reminding you how great God is, we all need something that reminds us of what we are doing here on earth, what our purpose is, and why we should be sold out and on fire for it. Pray for me as I set the same challenge for myself of finding God daily once I move off into college. Just knowing He is there is something that can make your day a million times better. Thanks and talk to you soon.

---- The Walking Man

No comments:

Post a Comment