Friday, August 26, 2011

The People You Meet In College:

So on my hall I’ve met some really cool guys that have really cool backgrounds and are from just about everywhere, and they’ve become probably my best friends on campus. One is a Jew from Chicago who is a follower of the practice, but has an interesting view on it all. Another is a Catholic from… Florida?? Not sure, but then another is a Jew from New York who is struggling to believe in the existence of God. He’s a great guy, but has a lot of questions and is incredibly smart, thus his doubting. Me I’ve got it all figured out right absolutely not haha. I wish I did, but some of their questions were on a few topics that were difficult to explain (for example, explaining the three in one idea), and I sometimes felt underqualified to enlighten them, but welcomed all questions. These discussions are really things I look forward to when eating with these guys cause they almost always come up. Like today at lunch I was talking to the guy from Chicago and we discussed the moral standing of drinking underage. Bringing up various points of view and doing my best not to preach my views to him.

But for me, I have kinda felt like I might have been falling away, but today was very helpful in that aspect. I got to go to the organization fair. I met guys in BUCs (BYX which is the christian fraternity on campus. And I met a guy from RUF named Brooks Harwood.This guy was so encouraging even though he wasn’t exactly a student he was still easy to connect with. He was forward and asked to hang out. He seemed like a totally awesome guy, and was actually an encouragement even though I only got to hang out with him for like five minutes. And its mostly because I’ve been surrounded with these people. There’s nothing wrong with them, they are just harder to relate to. Thanks later.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you michael!!! These guys will come around I promise! Best of luck:)

    ReplyDelete