Saturday, December 24, 2011

How Great is OUR GOD?

Well guys as you read from my post from yesterday. I’m a little freaked out about having to talk in front of 300 plus people. And I know a lot of you guys have been reassuring me and telling me it will be fine and I’ll do great and what not, and I know you all truly believe in me and it won’t be that bad. (Thanks especially to Kathleen). Anyways I sat down tonight and I was gonna do some practicing cause its coming up and IDK I’m NERVOUS ALRIGHT? So I sat down first to have a quiet time, and as I mentioned previously, I’m reading through 2 Timothy. I’m kinda still on chapter one though, so I’m not sure how far I will get. Anyways, I started with verse twelve and immediately I almost started crying from the sheer weight that was lifted off of my shoulders by our Great God. It reads:

“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting ME into the ministry.”

I was just reading this and I can’t help but think, “O Lord you are so awesome!” When I come up against something I really haven’t ever faced before. I get help from the Lord that I couldn’t even have imagined. I sit down and open my Bible and He has answered my prayers and conquered my fears. Granted, I could have taken ya’ll’s word for it that I would have been fine, but God wanted to tell me personally, and it is so AMAZING just seeing Him continue to reveal Himself to me.

Anyways, tonight was Maggie Chadwick’s soccer game, so here’s a lovely picture of me her and Smeds afterwards. We had lots of fun and got the whole fan section chanting “Maggie! Maggie! Maggie!” at one point. According to Maggie, we made the day of a few lucky parents and siblings. so GO DORES! AND GO GOD!!! HE ROCKS MY SOCKS EVERYDAY, SO I’M GONNA RUN INTO HIS ARMS!!!!IMAG0459

 

----The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment