Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh You Make Me Smile

Well I’m sitting here back in commons on the upper floor. Basically I’ll be here all day studying for Chemistry once I finish this post. And I think this one may be a long one.

To start, Let’s take a look into James. James verses 17-18 of chapter one. They say, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.”

Now it looks like I randomly changed the font sizes of various words right? Not random. Every good gift and every perfect give is from above. Guys, God only gives you what is good. He does not tempt anyone as stated earlier in James (I have the analysis of previous verses in my Looking Into James tab). Everything that God does is to benefit us (Romans 8:28). Everything good comes directly from God. Not from anything that YOU have done, but everything that HE has done. HE sent his son. HE allowed Jesus to die. HE has done nothing to harm us, and everything to hate us. Why then do we (me included) turn our backs on Him? It’s almost as if we have some nagging thing called fleshly desires that, when we feel like we’ve been doing pretty well, tells us we weren’t meant to do well and makes us sin.

This next part is my favorite part of this passage. “With whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” God will never leave you. Just like He always sends things that will always do you good, He won’t just give you a care package and run away. He will help you with your fights because He knows that they are already won. God only gives you gifts because He knows that you will forget that He’s there. If you knew He was always there, what assistance would you need in going out into the world and doing your best to share the gospel with everyone?

When you are stressed out about exams, know that you are His. You are of His will. He CHOSE you. And He chose you for a reason. We may not know what it is, but there is a reason. How does this relate back to exams? God picked each of you and blessed all of us with talents and abilities that we could use to glorify them. What are you stressing out about when you are stressing over exams? “I need this grade”, “I came here for a reason”, “I have to do well”. Guys, you did come to school for a reason. And in one of my earlier posts: http://thepathdesignedbyhim.blogspot.com/2011/08/black-ops-broke.html
I told you that our purpose is to glorify God with everything we’ve got. And guys, one of the reasons God picked you was so that you could praise His name. And that’s one thing you can do when you are stressed out. Continue to have your quite times. Continue to pray to Him, and praise His name. Because all things are His. If anything guys, we should be coming to see Him more with these exams. We need to set aside more time to talk with Him and remain focused on what we need to be focused on. This completely includes me and thanks to Leo, we are getting on a better track of making things more habitual.

Well that’s all I’ve got on James, but I’ve got a few more things to talk about. First off, I have some new background choices. Let me know if you like any of them more than the one you have now.

IMAG0396-1IMAG0398-1IMAG0404-1IMAG0405-1

So what’s up with me? Exams are coming up. Chem monday night. Calculus tuesday morning. Shouldn’t be too bad should it? I had no class tuesday and no class today so I’m sitting and pretty much reading through my textbook to learn the stuff I skipped for Chemistry. I’m gonna do my best to find a ride home asap, I just have to talk to my boss and make sure its fine that I miss the following weekend. I can’t wait to be back with you guys again and I can’t wait for GATLINBURG 2011! Get pumped guys! I’m so ready for another awesome BYG trip! Its so cool! Kinda hard to believe that I’m a freshman in college though that just finished his first semester away from home. It’s a pretty crazy difference. But I enjoy it. Alright, well that’s all the time I’ve got for today. I’ll talk to you guys soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJFvxad1_A

watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment