Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Look into James

Morning guys, I know what you guys are thinking if you read my last post. What?? 930 isn’t early! And shouldn’t you be at church?? We a. 930 isn’t early I’ve been up since 8, I just had to shower and get into location for studying for the next 2.5 hours until work. My first exam is tomorrow night and the second and final is tuesday morning. So I should be home by then. I have a ride, it just all rests on my boss, who won’t respond to my email or texts. But I did receive a response email from my cousin Morgan who is in Afghanistan. Please pray for him and his brother Noel. Morgan is in north Afghanistan (seeing relatively little action lately, but overseas nonetheless) and Noel is in east Afghanistan (seeing a 20% rise in violence this past year). Noel should be coming home before Christmas, so he’s almost there, and Morgan should be home by February and is applying for law school.

James 1: 19-20

So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Brothers and sisters, we must be open and receiving. We as Americans, are quick to anger due to the short natured temper we all posses. Do you ever talk to someone and realize that they interject with their own tidbits of information every 2 minutes regardless of what you say? “O yeah I was flying on a hippo the other-“ “O yeah me too! I had a purple one! It was so cool!” And they go on and on for five minutes before you ever get back to the story? Have you ever been talking to someone and realized that YOU were the one interrupting? It’s usually me. We focus things too much on ourselves and not enough on just listening to what the other person has to say. Even if you aren’t one of the people who interjects all the time. You are probably the person who sits there and thinks about the time you were flying a purple llama and you are thinking how funny they are gonna think your story is. Then you realize that you haven’t paid attention to a single word they’ve said. We just aren’t patient. We aren’t quick to hear or slow to speak, and if we were, so much more could be done and so much more trouble would be avoided. So just be quick to listen next time you realize that you are focusing more on what you are ABOUT to say than what your friend is saying.

----The Walking man

No comments:

Post a Comment