I really like that song. Amarillo Sky just talks about a farmer who lives an honest life. He has all that he can ask for and he is happy with it. He prays to God to protect his crops and family, and keeps on plowing. That was my first country song (courtesy of Katie Chadwick ;D) and my second was my lifetime favorite song Chicken Fried.
Most artists generally have some sort of genre that they deal with using the sound of country music to get it across. Brad Paisley talks about everyone’s dreams in songs like Celebrity, Online, Ticks, etc. Blake Shelton talks about the good things in life and he romanticizes them. Jason Aldean refers to the redneck side of us all kinda like Justin Moore does. Carrie Underwood talks about party girl problems most of the time, and Zac Brown Band just sings about good living, the joys and the pains. Of course, each artist varies from these topics here and there.
Its kinda like the body of the Church. We are called together under the common bond of Christ, and we live out our lives in their genres with different stories signifying different parts of the body.
Anyways I’m leaving tomorrow for Nashville and when I think about it, I’ll be back in March for Spring Break, and I’ll be back in May after finals. Other than that. I won’t see most of you guys for a while. You Auburn folk I may not see until May if you don’t come to Nashville soon. I’m gonna miss you guys, and the hectic idea of real life again just kinda doesn’t sound fun, although I do feel kinda weird not working at all. O well.
Country Music and Jesus don’t really go hand in hand to often whether God is mentioned in the song or not (except God Gave Me You). And neither does my leaving. If we spent our lives looking for every possible connection to something. We may mistake something that looks like a pattern for something that’s actually just a random assortment. But that doesn’t mean God doesn’t have a purpose for it. It could be the most random addition of total opposites you’ve ever seen, but God can bring them together to be used for His good. And that is where the pattern never stops showing up. God always uses things to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Night Ya’ll.
----The Running Man
No comments:
Post a Comment