Saturday, January 7, 2012

Funny Thing…

You know, its funny how little thinking I did while I was backpacking through the Appalachians. I had hours to myself to think about whatever I wanted and most of it was pretty trivial. Although we did have a pretty good time singing some praise songs and reading some scripture. We talked about the marvels around us, but I didn’t really do too much in depth thinking about the meaning of life or anything. But sometimes I just kinda learn to value time alone a little more. Time alone with God to think my life through and time alone to listen to and talk to God.

But do you ever find yourself not doubting God, but wishing you had some tangible or audible reassurance? Some sort of help so that when you really don’t know what’s wrong, you can be confident that something’s right. I don’t like feeling like that. I love feeling the arms of God’s love around me. Its times like that where I just break down and cry from shame and joy at the same time. Shame from being found out, but joy from knowing that God is there. Cause there honestly are times where I just feel like I need to feel something. To feel God’s love. And He pops up. Sometimes He will come through another person, but every now and then He does this wonderful thing where in my quiet times I just feel swept up in His arms and there is nothing I can do. I’m truly helpless, and it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. It’s a feeling I wouldn’t trade for anything in the world. God is so good. Just remember that.

 

----The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment