Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Paradoxical Universe.

Sometimes we create for ourselves a series of paradoxes that just never seem to make sense no matter how you put them. “Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?”, “Why don’t chick peas come from chicks?”, and so on. One of the few paradoxes that I’ve seen in the past week has come from the religious situations at Vanderbilt University. The problem is the confliction between two private institutions, the one housing the other, and both are disagreeing on the issue of diversity and acceptance, but neither willing to compromise their values. While I recognize the right of any private organization to subject itself to its own rules it seems paradoxical to… exclude an organization simply because it wants to reserve its own right of exclusion.

Whatever the principles are, one cannot simply walk into mordor. I simply cannot understand how a university is preventing the return of a religious organization on the grounds that its exclusive. Its too diverse. That makes no sense. The purpose of the organization is for the people that fit into its category to come together and experience their passions together and share them with one another. They are recognizing the beliefs that make them diverse, but  being diverse is too exclusive. We must be diverse together. So we must all be the same in that we must all be inclusively diverse. Well I can’t make head or tail of it, so I’ll leave it at that.

Well, classes are moving along, extracirricular activities are simply consuming all of my time, so if you would just pray for me that I would be able to manage all of them and simply remember which ones I have when that would be amazing. Also, I’m starting a prayer journal as a part of E-Training, an awesome training series that is simply focused on the growth of the Christian. If any of you are interested, I can send you some of the materials and ideas of what we are doing, because its really cool, and after just 2 sessions I already feel challenged to grow more in just one week than I have before. Back on track if you have any prayers just let me know and I’ll be glad to pray for them and keep you all in and on my heart. Thanks guys!

 

----The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment