"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11
So I saw this verse on Kelsey Avera's facebook page. Kelsey if you still read my blog hello. Haha I don't really know you that well I just noticed that you followed my blog and added me on facebook, not sure where I know you from, but that's ok! (but if you wanna remind me, that would be great). Anyways I saw this verse and was pretty encouraged by it. It deals with my favorite subject relating to the divinity of God: His Awesomeness.
God has indeed made everything beautiful in its time, and this verse doesn't just refer to nature. It refers to each one of us as well. We were all made by God and we were made beautiful. As the song says (I can't remember the song name unfortunately) "You make beautiful things out of the dust." Its crazy what He makes, and the way that it just comes out at us as so violently beautiful. Is that a contradiction? I'm trying to say that its so beautiful it just knocks the breath out of you, it stuns you.
"He has also set eternity in the hearts of men." Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what this part means, but based on the final portion of this verse I take it to mean that despite the fact that God has give us eternity in our hearts, and given us the ability to attempt to understand it, we still cannot fully comprehend the scale to which God exists. We cannot understand the prices He's paid and the love that He's shown. Thanks Kelsey!
---- The Walking Man
"beautiful things" by gungor :)
ReplyDeleteI met you at Freshley! I don't blame you for not remembering - there are a million people you probably met the same exact way! I enjoyed this - thanks!
ReplyDeleteActually - I now realize why there was so much confusion! I think somehow I friended to Mike Nakayamas. :) So crazy that I stumbled across this as well!
ReplyDeleteHaha yeah that makes more sense. Cause I was sitting here thinking... what's Freshley? haha. But I decided I would let it be.
ReplyDelete