Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why do you go to college?

So this is the most pertinent question to most of us today, why do we go to college? Education is clearly a privilege, but most of us feel obligated to go to college as soon as we graduate high school. Do we just go with the norm of society and think that everyone goes to college so its stupid  not to. But why is it stupid not to go? Other than the blatant fact that you don't get the same education, why why why do you go to college if it just costs you tons of money?

Most people say money. They go to college so they can make money and support a family and be rich and successful, which we associate with money and fame and glory. I have no problem with that. So long as you recognize that those things came from the ultimate God who creates and gives and takes away. Going to college has little effect on what God's plan is for you. Right there is another point that i mean to make in this post. People pray and say, "God let your will be done in choosing the right college" and the choices are between say auburn and alabama. And I choose Alabama (I had to just to show that this is just an example ah) and say God is leading me there. Well whether I went to Alabama or Auburn, I was doing God's will either way. No matter what choices I make, despite the fact that I make those choices, nothing I do is out of God's will for me. If I choose red over blue God willed that to happen and if I choose blue over red God willed that to happen to and if i think God is pointing me to red so I choose blue, He willed for me to think that and change my mind. NONE OF US EVER LEAVE GOD'S WILL. I bring this up because God determines why you think you want to go to college, He knows what is best for you, to not go to college or to go to college it does not matter either way. The reasons I go, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is under God's will.

So let me tell you why I go to college. I go to college to travel the world. I want to travel, but I also want to share The Word. I don't necessarily feel led to be a direct missionary, but I know that I've been led to travel. I can't stay in one place for too long, I just can't keep friend, and I know that God has prepared me for the life of travel. Be it as an engineer or a missionary or a civil waste engineer (janitor ha) I feel led to travel and share with the world the Word that he has provided to us. So i go to college to spread the word, to make an impact, to leave a foot-print for Him, not for me. That is what this is all about, the blog title is the path designed by him. He wills everything on this path to happen, and I want to show that to the world, I want to bring the Word to all the nations. I may not even travel outside the US again, I may end up in New York or Virginia or California or Russia, it doesn't matter to me so long as I can glorify Him and Him alone.
---- The Walking Man

No comments:

Post a Comment