So I've had this blog for a week or two, made enough posts to feel like I get on too much, but I've never stated what I believe. I've talked about my beliefs and how they relate to things, but I have never blatantly taken the time to tell you what I believe. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me and my sins. He died for your sins too. He died so that all that stuff you did to make that giant gap between you and God, go away. I believe that everyday I struggle with the sins that have plagued my life, and with sins that will continue to plague my life, but I continue to do my best to fight it. I know that I must struggle, and that the bottom must come so that I can be closer to God. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life." Romans 6:23 I do believe or 3:23. I get them mixed up but it doesn't really matter right now, because the point is the same. Because of what we do, we go to hell. No way around it, no matter what you do. The upside, however, is that God gave you eternal life with Him in heaven. All you have to do is ask him for it, have faith that He will give it to you, and then give your life over to Him. It's far simpler than most people think, but its the most life-changing decision you can make, to give it all over to Him. Not just take the grace and forgiveness and run, but to continually, daily ask for forgiveness and ask that He does work through you. Your purpose on earth is to glorify God and to exemplify Jesus, who manifests (or exudes or shines) himself through you, and when you do something sinful, not only are you failing your mission of manifesting Jesus, you are presenting a poor example to the rest of the world of what Christianity is, and you disappoint God. You disappoint the one who makes the moon reflect the sun, every starry night, it was His design, so give it all to the only son who was and is and yet to come. (starry night by chris august.) So this is my belief, take it or leave it, but understand that its vital to salvation, not just mine, but the message it presents as a whole, you need God.
---- The Walking Man
No comments:
Post a Comment