Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wonderful Wednesdays

5:30~ wake up shower and head to accountability group
6:20-8:00~ accountability group
8:45-5:30~ School and then engineering work after school at school
6:30-7:20~ Soccer practice
7:30-9~ BYG
10:20-...~ update blog

Sounds pretty boring to me... but when I go through it all, I have so many things, so much time for so many problems. Yet at the end of the day, the problems fade away, I'm faced with meaningless trivial questions about what I should and should not do, where I want to go to college, how I'm going to get there, and what on earth I can possibly do to make everyone happy. Either way, they all fade away. I become "immune" to them. That's great right? You can ignore your problems and enjoy life like it should be eh? Well yes and no.

I consider myself to be an extremely analytical person. Rutherford something or other, discovered the electron, and a lot about radiation. 1984 is a compelling book by George Orwell that has a most sinister ending. What would it be like to be invisible? You could take what you wanted, run anywhere you want, attend concerts of your favorite bands for free, skip school, you could sneak into the Oval Office itself, which was recently painted a tan color. You wouldn't have to worry about money, clothes, or shelter, or anything. Everything you ever needed would be within your grasp. You get all you ever wanted, but there is no one to share that with.

You have no friends to attend the concert with. You can't share with them an awesome book you read, because technically, you don't exist. You are problem free, because you are free of anything and everything that exists to tie people down. When you ignore problems, you begin to get into a state of complacency. You sit and say, "Oh I don't care about this problem, or any problem, because they would affect me in a negative way, no matter what the result was." The truth is, you are never pulled down, you never hit one of those depressing low moments, and you never need God. Wouldn't that be sad? A life that was problem free but God wasn't in it. That was what Jay talks about on Wednesday nights. Being problem free may seem great, but just like having everything you ever wanted can seem great to, if God isn't there- being sought after and listened to- then it all fades to the dust and is a hopeless mess of problems that will follow anyway. Isn't that ironic? You live with everything you want but don't have the one thing you need, and you live without a problem, but that is your biggest problem. Just some thoughts to consider about having trials. So be troubled and tried this week my brothers and sisters!

1 comment: