Thursday, September 23, 2010



So just listening to the song Mine the other day on my way home from soccer. I know that this was not likely the intent of the song, but I couldn't help but noticing. Listening to the song, this could easily be a reference to Christianity. I remember that fight 230 am when everything was slipping right out of [my] hands. I ran out crying and you followed me into the street. Braced myself for the goodbye, cause its all I've ever known. But you took me by surprise, you said you'd never leave me alone. God always chases after us, and wants to be with us. He will never leave us alone. I remember we were sitting there by the water, I put my arm around you, for the first time, I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter. She is the best thing that's ever been mine. We are God's pride and joy, and He is in love with us and will never leave us. Do you remember when you first met God? Did you first come to know him in church? at school? home? by the water? It's a great song and it can be interpreted many ways. As can most songs.

---- The Walking Man

No comments:

Post a Comment