When is college gonna be here? I mean I know I am going to be absolutely terrified of my first day but honestly, it has to be better than here. As much as I love going to BYG every Sunday and Wednesday, this whole deal with high school is awful: filling out applications for scholarships, keeping up with work, soccer, just worrying about college deadlines and interviews, and keeping up with homework on top of that. It is so stressful I really just want to go to sleep. I need to focus more on God. My time alone with Him has definitely wavered and I really need to work on it. He needs to be above all of those activities I have listed as well as be incorporated in them and it gets so difficult.
We sang my favorite song at BYG the other night and its called "With Everything" and I'm not entirely sure who its by, but it speaks volumes to me, not only that, but it gives me the ability to release my feelings on so many issues. At the end of the song we just sort of yell. Its not like a carnal yell, but its something that you have to force out. For me, its like I am just releasing all my pent up anger and frustration at the world and start again. If I could do that every morning I could go through the day with such ease and joy in the Lord that nothing could stop me. And I probably could, but I just for some reason lack the ability at some points. I just don't want to. That's the problem we don't always want to love God and pursue Him like he is the one and only savior, the one who came and will come to save you from your sins. It just really amazes me how I can go through the day and not see His wonderful hand in everything I do. But somehow, I manage to fall short and I fail. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." no one can be perfect, but we must do our best to try. We have to give everything we have to be with Him. Christian literally means Christ-like. Are you acting Christ-like? or do you just assume the name and hope the rewards come with it?
I'm so ready to leave, but I just feel tired. I need to take advantage of this time I have left, or I may never get it back.
---- The Walking Man
No comments:
Post a Comment