Football is interesting, the Seahawks just upset the Saints for a big win into the playoffs. But thats not really that big of a deal. What is a big deal? Michelle Obama is pregnant? Nah. Miley Cyrus tore up that bong? Not really. I worked this morning while all you Gatlinburgers where having a hike and a picnic. A guy from my school came in and told me a little story about his morning. He was driving down 280 or something and saw a man stuck on the side of the road. He passed him the first time but decided to turn around and help the guy. He turns around to help the guy and he's telling me about this when I stop him and say, "What the heck were you thinking???" His response was, "What's the worst that could happen?" I quickly started listing things, stolen car, wallet, death. He said, "Well hey, think of all the greater things I'll get in heaven, even if I die. I got the opportunity to share Jesus with this man and pray for him. How great is that?"
I Couldn't think of what to say. It was so shocking to think of the value we place in material goods. How much we care about losing or our possessions. We could be doing sooo much more for His kingdom and this guy realized that our true treasures lie in heaven, not here on earth. Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven. I mean guys focus on the prize. Focus on Him. Not just your prize, but the prize that you could give to those around you. Him.
---- The Walking Man
No comments:
Post a Comment