I found a recipe for Banana Pudding yesterday. I stole it off the ground, tore the name off of it, and promptly shoved it in my backpack so I could use it to make some banana pudding today with our overripe bananas... XD. I'm about to get started so that its ready to go when I get home. Granted, I could have looked it up on the internet, but that would have been wayyy more trouble than picking it up and walking away! I like starting school at 1140.... Os just used one of my bananas in a smoothie (It was pina colada). DAD GUM! Did you know bacon prices have gone up 41 cents a pound? How are we supposed to survive? I know Leo is gonna have to start pulling all-nighters working the late shift at the Western to pay for that. So I don't have work and I don't have soccer tonight! You know what that means??? Everyone else will probably be doing something and then want to hang out tomorrow when I'm doing something. As Mr. Carboni would say... BOOOOOO!
Anyways so judgement is our topic of discussion for today. Judging people and God judging you. James 2: verse something says, "So speak and so do as one who will be judged by the law of liberty. For judgement is without mercy to the one who shows no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgement." This tells us how we should live our lives. Tells us we must strive to be perfect. The rest of the chapter says,
"Now if there should come into your presence a rich man wearing fine apparel and gold rings, and there should also come into your presence a poor man wearing filthy clothes. And you say to the one in the fine apparel, 'Come sit here in a good place' and to the one wearing the filthy clothes, 'Stand there' or 'Sit here at my footstool.' Have you not shown partiality among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Beloved, has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs to the kingdom which He has promised to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called? But if you really fufill the royal law according to the Scripture, 'Love your neighbor as yourself' You do well. But if any of you show pariality he has been convicted by the law as a transgressor. For whomever shall keep the whole law yet stumble at one point, he is guilty of all. For he who said 'do not commit adultery' also said 'do not commit murder' now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law."
I realize thats quite a bit, so I'll summarize it for you. We cannot be judges. We cannot judge people and rank them and tell others they are less important. Only God knows the hearts of the people, and even among Christians, no one is greater than another. We will all be in heaven one day, singing his praise continuously. But God deals seriously with people who judge. Those who judge without mercy will be judged without mercy. So if you or I say someone will go to Hell and isn't a Christian because he dresses funny, God can judge us in the exact same manner. Regardless of how well you think you know a person, you don't know them. Their soul is completely unknown to you and you cannot possibly make a proper judgement on them. So don't. Don't immediately hate someone you met on a bad day. Don't bash someone you've only known for a few moments. God can take any snippet of your life and make you look way worse than anyone. Take nothing for granted, and don't judge people. God hates that. I do it way to frequently and I need to grab hold of it and give it up to God. Reconcile your judgements.
---- The Walking Man
No comments:
Post a Comment