So today I don't have a picture for you because I wanted to share something with you. There is this girl. I don't know her well, but she is in 8th grade. She's had sex several times. I met her yesterday and just talking to her I could tell she was someone who wanted attention. The other 8th graders around her were not particularly uplifting, and at some points even demeaning. They made some comment on how she has sex and her response was, "well guyyys I use condomsss." Honestly, I was shocked and disgusted. But at the same time, I felt a twinge of sympathy. Something had to have happened to cause her to be like this, and I don't know why but the sadness that I felt was from a desire to reach out to her. She seemed unloved. It seemed like she knew she was missing something and she didn't know what to fill it with. She was a generally happy and outgoing person, but I couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't that at all. I asked my sister about their attitude towards this girl and all she did was shrug her shoulders. What are we coming to, when 8th graders are having sex and being blatantly open about it and not caring who knows? This girl even asked me if people at the high school had heard about her. She was excited to hear that a few people had. This world is completely losing control of itself. But there is good news. I'm gonna try and get Jordan to invite her to church, but yall just pray for her. But the good news is the endpoint. Where is this world spiraling downwards to? Jesus. The second coming. The world thinks they are running as far and as fast as possible in the opposite direction when He is right there waiting to deal judgement. The world is coming to Jesus. I just hope this little girl has changed her heart by then.
---- The Walking Man
Definitely praying... praying that Jordan will have lots of opportunity to show her what our hearts can be filled with that we will never be empty :)
ReplyDelete