I'm not sure if she reads my blog, but rachael luther is a girl from South Carolina on the BYG missions trip to New York. Her and Amber Sweeney and Meredith Jones are like BFF's from South Carolina haha. But I wanted to talk a little about Rachael cause I've just been talking to her recently about her move. She is moving to GREECE! That's right land of the greeks, home of pita bread, mythology, and exotic men and women, but mostly women. Anyways her parents are missionaries and they are going to Greece once they sell their house. I forget how long they will be there but its definitely a long term trip! Keep them in your prayers! I would love that, just saying. Despite having to leave all my friends and everything, going to a new country sounds pretttty awesome ha.
Anyways, I have an Economics test next period and two soccer games tonight and its very possible that my very own McCoy Evans will be in town to have lunch with me later! Exciting! Anyways, I need a little prayer for tonight as well. Just a little prayer to tame my pride. Playing soccer makes me prideful because I've always been good at it and so when I don't play I get frustrated and big-headed. I start talking people down, I start making excuses or talking about my coach negatively and its wrong. Also, I get really caught up in the game, I sometimes forget to give that glory to God. I do my best to recognize Him for every great play I make, but sometimes you just forget. It's pretty difficult. Anyways, just pray for me with that.
Pride is just one of those sins you can't see. One of those sins that takes it all away from you before you realize that you've brought it all on yourself, because pride makes you blame others. You can't see the problem inside of you because Pride is so good at blocking itself from your view. You must seek it out. You must remember that you are worthy of absolutely nothing but to writhe and grovel at the feet of God. Probably not even worthy of that. Every Gift you have is from Him. "Every good gift and every perfect gift comes down from above, from the Father of Lights with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:14?
---- The Walking Man
No comments:
Post a Comment