This morning was accountability group, and since Hudson had some sort of bug, Leo and I had some nice discussion time. I love the sunrise from Briarwood. I gotta say it looks nice and so I was disappointed when I realized that I didn't have my camera. I had my phone so this is what I took. I like being able to write next to the picture, but if you look down there you can see Leo's jeep. We took it out this morning after accountability group and found a few little trails down off Old Rocky Ridge Road, a little mud, a few, bumps, and we had a bit of fun. Like I said I wish I had my camera, but I guess I'll remember to not go places without it anymore.
So what shall I tell you today? What little seed shall I plant in your mind? Cause that's really all I do. Just express my thoughts and thus plant a few in your mind. I guess I want to let you see how I think. Its funny cause we are going over in English why this guy started writing. He said he met some famous baseball player, but couldn't get his autograph cause he didn't have a pencil at the time. He carried a pencil with him all the time from that moment on and then began writing. I will say I'm not like that, but I feel that way with my camera I just don't take it everywhere. But my line of thinking is so strange, so weird, that even I don't understand why I do half of what I do. I get obnoxiously stupid most of the time, and get overwhelmed with my own thoughts sometimes and there really isn't anywhere to deposit them.
I will say, though, lifting up all I've got to God is one of the most difficult I do. Giving Him control over everything is almost impossible. I think I've posted about this before, but I don't know how to say it. I just get at this point where I want to give it up so badly, but I just can't. It fills me up with helplessness, but I want to give it to Him. I want to want to do it. I want to want to. But I just don't want to. The idea of abandoning my problems and leaving them in His hands. Its just difficult. "To have faith is to be sure of what we hope for; to be certain of what we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1. Take up your cross daily and follow him.
---- The Walking Man

Thanks for writing. Your posts are always such an encouragement. I especially liked what you wrote about struggling to surrender everything, both our joys and our concerns, to God.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I LOVE your picture of the Briarwood sunrise. Seeing a Briarwood makes me miss home...but it's okay cause I'll be back this weekend and get to see you guys :)
ha thanks I think Wednesday's will now be sunrise picture day cause they look so awesome and there are so many ways you can see the sunrise!
ReplyDeleteBut yeah I have to work saturday night to make some bank.. but we can hang out friday night after I sell everysingle one of my coupon books cause I gotta giterdone!