Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 18: Is it springtime yet?

So it snowed last night. BYG was cancelled and I'm convinced satan and some of his evil little demons just didn't want us to have a prayer and praise night. Well I'm gonna have a prayer and praise day. Who wants to join me??? Plug in my ipod and listen to praise and worship songs all day. Nothing but 93.7 on the radio and rejoice constantly in our Lord. Who can fathom His greatness? If the devil wants to fight and try and keep me from worshipping? I say LAY ON DEMON! Ha (Macbeth quote).

But the snow is not all bad. I got to sleep for a full twelve hours last night, aside from the two times I woke up, 12 and 3, because I'm just not used to being able to sleep that long. But its all good. I'm refreshed and rejuvenated and I can see the wonderful white blanket of snow that has covered the filthy ground, the same way Jesus has covered our filthy sins. The snow is so wonderful, it is a colder version of the oh so amazing rain I posted about a few days ago. Anyways the verse for the day is the one I finished memorizing last night, 1 Thessalonians 5:14-24:

"Now we exhort you Brethren, warn the unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all.
Do not render evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.
Rejoice always,
Pray without ceasing,
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Do not quench the spirit.
Do not despise prophecies.
Test all things. Hold fast to what is good.
Abstain from every form of evil
Now let the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit, mind, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of Christ Jesus.
---- The Walking Man

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of having a prayer and praise day. Thanks for such an awesome and uplifting suggestion. I'm definitely joining you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha michael i love you!! i was sooo mad we didn get to do prayer and praise but next week is gonna be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete